Get answers to all your legal questions and copyright issues when it comes to publishing your book in today’s episode with Atty. Elissa Hecker. Elissa shares her extensive experience in contracts, licensing, copyright law, and all the technical aspects of business affairs. Stay tuned to make sure you protect yourself, your business, and your intellectual property!
Key Takeaways from This Episode
- Things every author should know before writing a book
- Consequences of signing a contract without fully understanding it
- What are the exclusive rights covered by a Copyright law?
- Effective strategies for utilizing intellectual properties
- How and why you should cite sources properly
- Significance of having priorities before entering an agreement with a publisher
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- David Wise
- Kiss My Tiara by Susan Jane Gilman | Paperback and Kindle
- Undress Me in the Temple of Heaven by Susan Jane Gilman | Paperback and Kindle
About Atty. Elissa Hecker
Elissa is an attorney who acts as general counsel to creatives, small businesses, solopreneurs, and entrepreneurs in their legal and business affairs issues. She helps guide her author and illustrator clients through the thought process of what they want (and what they don’t want) and helps them negotiate publishing and collaboration agreements so that they can protect their intellectual property and other interests. For more information, visit www.eheckeresq.com.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join The Author’s Corner Community today:
- Website: Robin Colucci
- LinkedIn: R Colucci, LLC
- Facebook: Robin Colucci
- Twitter: @Robin_Colucci
- Robin Colucci’s Book: How to Write a Book That Sells You: Increase Your Credibility, Income, and Impact