Do you let negative feelings live in your head rent-free? If so, we can help you acquire clarity and embrace the right mindset to effectively allocate your mental resources in this episode with Andrew McConnell. Don’t let this opportunity to reclaim your headspace pass you by!
Key Takeaways from This Episode
- The reason behind people’s unhappiness
- 3 primary things that divert our focus from the present
- Helpful ways to seize ownership of your mind
- Mindful writing: Considerations before starting a book
- What factors contribute to living an authentic life
Resources Mentioned in This Episode
- The Top Five Regrets of the Dying by Bronnie Ware | Paperback and MP3 CD
- A Moveable Feast by Ernest Hemingway | Paperback and Kindle
- The Artist’s Way by Julia Cameron | Paperback and Kindle
- The Organized Mind by Daniel J. Levitin | Paperback and Kindle
- Take Back Your Life! by Sally McGhee
About Andrew McConnell
Andrew McConnell is the chief executive officer of RENTED, INC., the leading provider of technology, tools, and services to help vacation rental professionals optimize their portfolio of properties.
Before launching RENTED, he founded and ran VacationFutures, Inc. and Rented Capital, LLC. He worked with some of the world’s largest public and private entities as a management consultant at McKinsey & Company and as a Director of Solutions Design at Axiom Global, Inc. His prior experience also includes putting his law degrees to more immediate use at Eversheds Sutherland (U.S.) LLP and Ashe, Rafuse & Hill, as well as time at Merrill Lynch.
He has been active in numerous non-profit and professional organizations, including Sheltering Arms, Georgia’s oldest charity, for which he currently sits on the Board and Chairs the Financial Sustainability Committee, The Entrepreneurs Organization, for which he was an EO Atlanta Board Member, and EO Atlanta Accelerator Board Member, Young Entrepreneur Council, Atlanta Tech Leaders (Founding Advisory Board Member), Leadership Atlanta (50th Anniversary Class, and Leadership Series Co-Chair), and the Serve America Movement.
McConnell writes frequently and contributes to Forbes, Inc., and Huffington Post, Swimming. McConnell received his A.B. in History from Harvard University and his J.D. from other outlets. A former member of the U.S. National Team in Open Water Harvard Law School, and his LL.M. from the University of Cambridge, Trinity Hall.
- Website: Rented | M. Andrew McConnell
- LinkedIn: Rented | Andrew McConnell
- Book: Get Out of My Head: Creating Modern Clarity with Stoic Wisdom (Matt Holt Books June 2022)
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join The Author’s Corner Community today:
- Website: Robin Colucci
- LinkedIn: R Colucci, LLC
- Facebook: Robin Colucci
- Twitter: @Robin_Colucci
- Robin Colucci’s Book: How to Write a Book That Sells You: Increase Your Credibility, Income, and Impact