Today marks our 100th episode, and this time Robin is flying solo to offer her thoughts on one of the most underrated strategies used in self publishing: the book proposal. Book proposals are essential in traditional publishing, but they are also highly useful if you are planning to self-publish. It’s not easy, nor is it an intuitive process, but it can provide a real advantage when your book is ready to be published. You wouldn’t start a business without a business plan, and you shouldn’t try to publish a book without a book proposal. Luckily, Robin is here to offer her expertise to help you understand this vital process.
Key Takeaways from This Episode:
- The key elements of a book proposal.
- How to create a due date for your book.
- The importance of describing your audience in your book proposal.
- Why the book-comps exercise is such a huge confidence boost.
- Why you need to create an outline for your book.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join The Author’s Corner Community today:
- Website: Robin Colucci
- LinkedIn: R Colucci, LLC
- Facebook: Robin Colucci
- Twitter: @Robin_Colucci
- Robin Colucci’s Book: How to Write a Book That Sells You: Increase Your Credibility, Income, and Impact